Read More about Mentors & Mentees!
Details of the 2021 Virtual Mentorship Program, Perfect Pairings will be published in the fall
Get a head start on the application process with the links below.
All participants must be current members of AFP Western PA. Additional requirements are as follows:
AFP Mentors must fulfill the following requirements throughout the year:
- AFP member in good standing
- Five or more years as a fundraising professional employed in the fundraising sector
- Actively demonstrate a desire to serve the profession and community
- Proven track record in a specific discipline of fundraising, i.e. overall development management, planned giving, special events, annual fund, major gifts, etc.
- Contact with your mentee monthly
- Be available to advise the mentee in person, by phone or email once a month or as often as possible and necessary to establish a good working relationship
- Share your expertise based on the needs of the mentee and the type of organization for which they work
- CFRE, ACFRE or F AHP or other professional certification is desirable, but not required
Mentors – Apply HERE
AFP Mentees must fulfill the following requirements throughout the year:
- AFP member or applicant for membership to the Western PA Chapter
- Less than three years’ experience fundraising profession
- Have fundraising as a primary job responsibility
- Commit to meeting with your mentor monthly
- Become familiar with the web-based AFP Career Planner, particularly the Objectives/Self-Assessment section
Mentees – Apply HERE
For more information about the program, please contact:
Adele Cannell- email@example.com