Read More about Mentors & Mentees!
The AFP mentoring program runs for 10 months during the calendar year.
The application deadline to participate as a mentor or mentee for the 2020 program year is March 6, 2020. The mentoring partnership runs from March through December 2020.
All participants must be current members of AFP Western PA. Additional requirements are as follows:
AFP Mentors must fulfill the following requirements throughout the year:
- AFP member in good standing
- Five or more years as a fundraising professional employed in the fundraising sector
- Actively demonstrate a desire to serve the profession and community
- Proven track record in a specific discipline of fundraising, i.e. overall development management, planned giving, special events, annual fund, major gifts, etc.
- Contact with your mentee monthly
- Be available to advise the mentee in person, by phone or email once a month or as often as possible and necessary to establish a good working relationship
- Share your expertise based on the needs of the mentee and the type of organization for which they work
- CFRE, ACFRE or F AHP or other professional certification is desirable, but not required
Mentors – Apply HERE
AFP Mentees must fulfill the following requirements throughout the year:
- AFP member or applicant for membership to the Western PA Chapter
- Less than three years’ experience fundraising profession
- Have fundraising as a primary job responsibility
- Commit to meeting with your mentor monthly
- Become familiar with the web-based AFP Career Planner, particularly the Objectives/Self-Assessment section
Mentees – Apply HERE
For more information about the program, please contact:
Mentoring Committee Chair, Laura SanBoeuf Paris at email@example.com