The AFP mentoring program runs for 10 months during the calendar year.
The application deadline to participate as a mentor or mentee for the 2017 program year is March 15, 2017. The mentoring partnership runs from mid-March through December, 2017.
All participants must be current members of AFP Western PA. Additional requirements are as follows:
- AFP member in good standing
- Five or more years as a fundraising professional employed in the fundraising sector
- CFRE, ACFRE or F AHP or other professional certification is desirable
- Actively demonstrate a desire to serve the profession and community
- Proven track record in a specific discipline of fundraising, i.e. overall development management, planned giving, special events, annual fund, major gifts, etc.
- Contact with your mentee monthly
- Be available to advise the mentee in person, by phone or email once a month or as often as possible and necessary to establish a good working relationship
- Share your expertise based on the needs of the mentee and the type of organization for which they work
- AFP member or applicant for membership to the Western PA Chapter
- Less than three years’ experience fundraising profession
- Have fundraising as a primary job responsibility
- Commit to meeting with your mentor monthly
- Become familiar with the web-based AFP Career Planner, particularly the Objectives/Self-Assessment section
For more information about the program, please contact:
Mentoring Committee Chair, Louise Cavanaugh Sciannameo at firstname.lastname@example.org