Marketing Communications Senior Specialist
*Send cover letter with salary requirements, resume and writing sample to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on 3/31/17*
Summary: Seeking a highly motivated, creative individual with relevant experience and a passion for connecting the public to the mission of Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh. The Marketing Communications Senior Specialist’s overall responsibility is to create and implement proactive and effective media, marketing, social media and public relations strategies, including those for specific campaigns.
Reports to: Development Director
- Proactively update and maintain the WC&S website using the current WordPress content management system and basic HTML coding.
- Write relevant and fresh content with SEO as a key element for the WC&S website and blog, working collaboratively with the appropriate staff members as necessary.
- Produce analytics for WC&S’ website using tools such as Google Analytics and adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Design and/or create concepts for all printed WC&S communications pieces such as special event invitations and flyers, postcards, brochures, advertisements, etc.
- Write all content for and design WC&S’ bi-annual newsletter, annual report and other similar communication vehicles.
- Develop and manage WC&S’ social media marketing campaigns and manage day-to-day social media activities.
- Develop relevant, timely and high quality topics from both external and internal sources.
- In conjunction with Development Director, design, create and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Compile social media reports and analyze key metrics, tweaking strategy as necessary.
- Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Produce engaging and donor-centered email blasts using WC&S’ email marketing platform.
- Analyze email blasts for open and click rates, adjusting strategy as necessary.
- Create peer to peer fundraising campaigns using WC&S’ peer to peer fundraising platform and serve as the point person for external peer to peer fundraising campaigns.
Media and Public Relations
- Serve as the initial contact for all media calls, working with the President/CEO or other appointed staff members to fulfill media requests (scheduling interviews, distributing fact sheets and photos, etc.).
- In conjunction with the Development Director, proactively build relationships with local media contacts.
- Write and follow up on all press releases.
- In conjunction with the Development Director and Communications Committee, create and implement a comprehensive, strategic Communications Plan.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Communications Committee ~ meeting planning, (including logistics), taking accurate minutes and ensuring follow up on action items.
Other Communications Responsibilities
- Oversee Communications interns.
- Serve as agency photographer.
- Serve as the lead contact to the community for speaking engagements.
- Adhere to the policies, procedures and guiding principles approved by the agency regarding all fundraising practices.
- Maintain and respect confidentiality pertaining to client, administrative and donor information.
- Meet regularly with the Development Director to review, prioritize assignments and discuss problems/issues.
- Create pre-specified work (step-by-step instructions) in accordance with the Women’s Centered Business Model for daily job functions.
- Attend mandatory Development Team meetings and All Staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and in accordance with the needs of the Development Department.
- Communications, Marketing or related degree required.
- Knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Working knowledge of SEO principles.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Understands and can implement different media platforms for various scenarios.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Experience with basic video production a plus.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Familiarity with tools such as Hoote Suite and/or Post Planner a plus.
- Desire to participate in ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues.
- Must obtain FBI and Act 33/34 clearances.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary Range – $45,000 to $50,000
posted March 15, 2017